“Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.”


-Lance Armstrong


Friday, April 1, 2011

Ready ready ready ready ready ready to RUN!

 Like the old Dixie Chick's song says... I'm READY!

Happy April Fool's Day! I'm not good at playing jokes, so I'm not going to even try.. I just start laughing and can't go through with it.  I'm just glad that I am still on Spring Break, because I know those pesky little first graders would've gotten this little teacher :)

So I am finally feeling a little better!  I didn't update my blog too much because it would just have been a WHINE fest on being sick during Spring Break, so I saved you the grief... haha.  But I am glad to be feeling a little better now.  And I did have fun reading all the little running/fitness blogs on here.  I am officially addicted.  

My little buddy, Toulouse, kept me company this week.  I got a few cute pictures of him...

 He loves to cuddle with his mommy!


WHAT?? I would make the perfect punch!!

So I hope to be out running tomorrow.  I'm gonna wait until after a bridal shower that I am helping throw for an old friend of mine :)  Which I am excited about seeing some friends that I haven't seen in too long!
 
After being off all week, I'm going to shoot for a 4 miler.  We will see.  I have been antsy all week and my feet were even cramping up.  The hubz said it's because they are used to running all the time.. Ha ha!  He's got that right!  I am used to running and can not WAIT to get back out there and run.  But I am glad that I got a week of rest... my body was definitely rebelling on me and telling me that it needed it (But it could've been in a nicer way.. just sayin'!).


I want to start posting GOALS at the beginning of the month.  So here are some April goals of mine as of right now:
  • Run my first 10K!  Running it on April 16 and I am SO ready!
  • Do the Jillian Michaels "No More Trouble Zones" Strengthening Workout Video 3 times a week.. EEK!
  • Drink more H20.
  • Keep running 4 days a week. 
  • Run 8 miles for my long run.
  • Get fitted for some REAL running shoes at the new store FitRight Active.  So glad this store is in Monroe now.
  • Take more pictures for my blog :) 

So glad the hubby is off and hanging out with me today.  At least I can enjoy maybe oonnnne day of my Spring Break :)  


1 comment:

  1. Great goals! I love this Jillian tape...totally gets results too!

    ReplyDelete