“Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.”


-Lance Armstrong


Friday, April 22, 2011

Cinderelly cinderelly!

SCHOOL'S OUT... but not for the summer yet.. but it is out for EASTER!  5 more weeks and then I will really be singing this song by Alice Cooper! :)



*WORKOUTS*

Wednesday - I took on Jillian Michaels and survived 35 minutes with her this time.  I will finish this 45 minute video some day!  This is before the workout... I am trying to look intense and ready with my gatorade.


And then this is after :)


Yeah, so I cancelled it all out with some smore's dessert pizza from Papa Murphy's.... It was well worth it. :)


Thursday - RUN DAY and a RACE DAY!  I ran my virtual 5K, The Jelly Bean and PR'ed.  I will do a full race report later.


Ran it in 30:08 with an average pace of 9:43!  So excited that my pace is getting faster.  Maybe someday I will have these 7:00 and 8:00 paces that I see all over bloggy land.  All that 10K training has paid off.  So close to my goal of getting a sub-30 min 5K!  See a short report here on DailyMile.


Fabulous Friday - And today is my rest day... ah I love Fridays.  Especially the ones that I don't have to go to work on.  It is a rest day for working out, but not a complete lazy day.  This is what I have planned for my day.


Spring cleaning... yipee!  I am gonna go all cinderella on this house.  When I get in the zone with my cleaning, you better look out.   I love to clean/organize when I am off work for some reason.  I am ready to get started on this cleaning, so hopefully it will be done by the time the hubby gets off.  

The rest of my weekend plans are to just relax and spend time with my family.  I am just going to be prayerful  and remember what this Easter weekend is really all about.  

* * * * * * * * *

As you may know, I am a beginner runner and started running in November 2010.  It has seriously become my hobby if you can't tell. ;) I wanted to end this blog with some pics of my accomplishments in running so far.  It's nice motivation to keep going when you look back at how far you have come, and what accomplishments you have made.  

My bling!
 

The pink medal - My first 5K, Ashley St. Romain, February 5, 2011 - Won 1st place in my age group.

The black and white medal - Finisher medal from my first 10K, Run to the Cross, April 16, 2011

The first place medal - Won first place in my age group at the Run to the Cross 10K!


Me with the first place medal from my first 10K.


You can do  A N Y T H I N G  you put your mind to.  You just have to believe in yourself.  Most of the times when you fail it is because you think you can't do it.  But I am telling you that you CAN.  You can! You can! YOU CAN!!!! The only thing holding you back is you.  Believe and you will succeed. I am proof of this.


* * * * * * * * * 


What are your plans for this weekend?
- I am cleaning this monstrosity we call our home and relaxing with my family.  I will be going for a run, too, of course. ;)  And I will spend Easter being prayerful and looking back at what Jesus did for me.

What are some of your accomplishments, be it in running, work, or life in general???
- I turned my life completely around by becoming healthy and fit.  I have won a couple of medals and running and improved my own PR's each and every time.  I have never been successful in my fitness, so this is a big accomplishment for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment