“Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.”

-Lance Armstrong

[Diet and Food Fun]


I have learned so much about dieting and what foods are good for me from lots of different books, websites, and magazines.  I would like to share them with you :)
  • SparkPeople.com - They set you up on a calorie and fitness plan.  You can track your food and fitness on the website or on your CELL PHONE.  There are tons of articles to inform you about foods you can enjoy.  They offer recipes.  And the best part.. it's all FREE!
  • Hungry Girl - She has quite a few cookbooks out and they contain recipes galore and are all low fat and low cal. She makes being a diet do-able and fun.  Go to her website and sign up for her daily email NOW.  She gives free tips, reviews on products, etc!!
  • Weight Watcher's Magazine
  • The CalorieKing, Calorie, Fat, & Carb Counter 2011
  •  More to come as I get them!


  • Cheerios - all kinds!  I love the chocolate and honey nut the best!  Use skim milk or the Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almond Milk (It's good with cereal, I promise!)
  • Jimmy D's Griddle Sticks made with turkey sausage
  • Quaker Oats Weight Control Oatmeal
  • Low Fat Eggo Waffles smeared with 2 tbls. reduced fat peanut buttter
  • D-Lights Turkey Sausage Croissant
  • Lean Cuisine or Smartones Frozen Dinners
  • Light or Fat Free Yogurt
  • Fresh Fruit
  • 100 Can of Fruit (Like the peaches or mixed fruit)
  • Turkey Sandwhich with a Laughing Cow Cheese wedge
  • Grilled Chicken or Shrimp Salad with Fat Free Ranch

  •  Baked Tortilla Chips, like the baked scoops, and salsa
  • Peanut butter and apples
  • Cereal
  • Light yogurt
  • apples
  • bananas
  • 100 calorie can peaches
  • 100 calorie "Wholly Guacomole" Packs with baked scoops chips
  • Sliced turkey meat rolled up with a light swiss laughing cow cheese wedge
  • Kellogg’s FiberPlus Caramel Coconut Fudge Bars - taste like those samoas girl scout cookies and only 120 calories!
  • Skinny Cow Fudge Bars
  • Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwhiches - lots of flavors!
  • Weight Watchers FUDGE Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Bar
  • Tuna (made with fat-free mayo and dill relish) and reduced-fat crackers

  • Lean Turkey meat as a replacement for beef in tacos, spaghetti, burgers, etc.
  • Wheat pasta
  • Frozen Turkey burger patties by Jennie-O
  • Light wheat slice bread - I love the kind that is 40 calories a slice!
  • Baked/Grilled Chicken
  • Lawry's 30 minute marinades - We love the signature steakhouse one on chicken!
  • Reduced Fat Cream of Chicken with my baked chicken and brown rice
  • Turkey tacos with wheat tortillas and lots of lettuce and salsa.
  • VEGGIES with EVERY meal.. we stock up on canned veggies.

  • Water!!! 
  • Clear America Sparkling Water (walmart)
  • COFFEE with fat-free creamer and splenda
  • Diet Dr. Pepper, but not quite often! 

Me and my sister-in-law dining out on my birthday!

Dining out was always hard for me when I first started my diet, so I just plain avoided it!  But now that I have lost the weight, I go out every now and then.  I like the 80/20 rule.  If I eat good 80% of the time, I can splurge the other 20%.  A diet will not work if you never allow yourself to indulge in something every once in a while! That's where I failed in the past, and my diets never lasted.

-creamy sauces.. opt for red sauces like marinara
-buttery breads and buns
-salads with full fat dressing and fried chicken
-DESSERT! Unless you are sharing ;)

I have learned what foods I can eat and what sounds bad, etc, so its not hard for me to make a good choice.  When I really REALLY want to make sure I don't go over my calories, I use the Spark People Dining Out Guide.  It has tons of restaurants on there, and they tell you what you can eat and what to avoid.  If I don't get a chance to look at this guide before I go, I just type in a food on my SparkPeople Tracker on my iPhone and the food is almost ALWAYS on there!  Also, a lot of places are offering healthy choices on their menus now, so check those out also.

If you have read anything on my blog, you will see that I love this little lady called HUNGRY GIRL.  She makes wonderful recipes that are low calorie, low fat, but high on taste!  I have made numerous of her recipes.  I totally lost the weight by cooking through her books.  Here are some of my faves by her. You can google any of these, and they are   posted SOMEWHERE on the internet.  Gotta love technology :)
  • Crazy-Good Taco meatloaf
  • Burger Wrap
  • Yum Yum Brownie Muffins
  • Top Banana Bread
  • Island Insanity Burger
  • Egg Mugs - You have to google this!! There are so many of these, and they are SO easy to make.
  • Nacho-rific stuffed chicken
  • Shrimp Cocktail Tacos
  • Crazy Good Cornchips
  • De-Pudged Pigs in a Blanket

As you can see, I love to eat!