“Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.”


-Lance Armstrong


Monday, January 16, 2012

7 Day Clean Eating Challenge: Day 1

Today is day 1 of the 7 day clean eating challenge that I am doing with a group of girls.  A good friend of mine started it and I am so glad she invited me in it.  I have been wanting to start a new diet, because the way I am eating now is just not getting me to my goal.  I have actually gained a little over the holidays... So I am hoping that this clean eating diet will stick with me for more than 7 days so I can lose this holiday weight and THEN some.  I need to lose about 12 lbs to get to my goal of 140 lbs.  I had a very filling breakfast..  a serving of oatmeal (steel cut oats), 1 cup of blueberries, and about 20 almonds.  And then for lunch, a nice big salad with spinach, cucumber, tomato, mushrooms, chicken, and light balsamic vinaigrette.  Feeling good and not hungry at all.  When I feel like I want to snack, I just drink a lot of water, and it helps.  Also, we went to the movies after lunch, so I chewed a piece of peppermint sugar free gum to help me with the smells of the popcorn and candy :)   I am proud of myself, and right now (the afternoon) is the worst time I snack, and I haven't given in!  Just keeping my water by my side.  Here are my starting measurements/weight:

Bicep: 11
Chest: 35
Natural Waist: 34.75
Hips: 37.5
Thighs: 22.25
Weight: 151 lbs

******************

Today is MLK day, so my hubby and I both got the day off!  We did our run this morning.  I did an easy 4 miles and felt a little sore still from the long run this past Saturday.  I love to speed up during that last mile and finish strong.  Such a rush!  On Saturday, I did my first 16 mile training run.  It is so surreal to me that I am running at that distance.  And what is even more surreal is that it felt great!  I completed it in 3:09.. which was 2 minutes faster than the 15 miler I had done the previous weekend.  I felt so strong.  I am so excited about this marathon in March! This is my first, so I guess I shouldn't set a goal time, but I hope to finish in 5 hours.. that would be AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment