“Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.”


-Lance Armstrong


Sunday, April 3, 2011

Back to civilization

Finally got to get out of the house yesterday, and it felt great!  I had a fun time helping throw a bridal shower for one of my best friends.  It was so good to see some old familiar faces.  One of the best parts was helping dress up a friend in a wedding dress made of toliet paper haha!  Gotta love bridal shower games.  I even got teary-eyed when we shared advice to the bride... I'm such softie.  But it was fun, and so nice to see some old college friends that I don't get to see too much any more.

After the shower, I relaxed for a little bit and then decided it was time to lace up my running shoes!  Donnie and I went to restoration park to walk/run.  I was nervous about it... I did NOT want to get sick again, so I took it easy.  I just did an easy 2 miles.  Not much, but it felt so good to be out.

So April has been pretty awesome so far, and I am really excited about this month. For work, we only have like 1 real full week of school... how is this you say?  

Well this next week is the only full week... and then the 2nd week we are taking a week FULL of field trips.  That's right... 5 days... 5 field trips... 90 first graders.... 4 very tired teachers!!!!  It should be fun though.  The kids are usually good on field trips because they know they will be in timeout if they even look at someone wrong!!  And then the 3rd week will be cut to 4 days because of EASTER BREAK!  Which means the 4th week is also cut to 4 days.  And then it will be MAY and we are in the homestretch to SUMMMMMEERRRR!!                

I love being a teacher :)

So my planned weekly mileage this week is 15 miles, which includes a 5 mile run on Saturday.  I am tapering for my first 10K on the 16th.   I am really excited because the flyer said  free massages at the finish line... SWEET!  Oh and free sausage on a stick, too.. you can't beat free food, now....

Hope everyone has a great first week of April!


No comments:

Post a Comment