“Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.”


-Lance Armstrong


Saturday, April 23, 2011

100 push ups challenge!


Ok, so I can't even do a push up like this girl is doing, but I have started a plan to get me there. *hopefully*  I googled "I can't do one push up, please help" (no joke) and this website came up.


I don't even care to get to the 100.  I will settle with 10-15! This website has a nice little plan that you choose based on your initial test.  Well my initial test was 1 very very girly push up.  And not even a nice looking one at that... My arms are not strong at all and its very sad.  I want to build my arm muscles up SO bad.  So here is week one's plan.  I put a yellow box around the sets that this wimp I am doing.


I did day one, so I happily put a red check by it :)  I did the push up on my foam roller, which seemed to help since I seriously cannot go all the way down to the floor.  I really want to get a step so I can do them off of the step.  I took a video of me doing one so I could get a picture to put on here.  Here is my glorious push up, bad form and all. 

 
I hope I get stronger and better at these with this plan.  My back just cannot get straight enough, my butt sticks out, my arms can't go all the way down... its a mess. 

So this is going to be my challenge for the next few weeks.  If you want to, you should totally try this challenge with me!!  I hope I keep it up.  The best part about it, there is an app for it on my iPhone!  They also have other phones like droid and such.  Just check out the website. 

Please ask me how I am doing on this if I don't talk/blog about it!! 


I want 

really 

nice

arms.



Like these.




J U S T   K I D D I N G !    

Haha.. I don't want to scare my first graders away...
....or my husband. I don't want veins bulging out... ew.  I just want to be toned.  More like this...



Jessica Biel has the perfect toned arms in my eyes.  They're just a little toned, but not too much.


* * * * * * * * * *

How many push ups can you do?
- Today I did a total of 12 girly push ups on my foam roller. It took me a good 6 minutes, but I did it.  I hope to get to 10-15 REAL pushups by the end of this plan.

Are you working on something that is a bit of a challenge?  What are you doing to make it better??
- Working my arms and abs is the hardest thing for me.  I am such a weakling when it comes to lifting weights, crunches, pushups, situps, planks, and all that mumbo jumbo. I am doing this 100 pushups plan 3 days a week and a Jillian Michaels workout video 2-3 days a week.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I can do like no push-ups whatsoever lol I really need to do this 100 push-up challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck. i started this challenge last year and did it for about 3 weeks and hten stopped. but it worked really well. i went from 4 pushups to like 12 real pushups. i should start it again!

    have fun

    ReplyDelete