“Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.”


-Lance Armstrong


Sunday, March 27, 2011

10K Training Run Today and it felt AWESOME!

Did my scheduled 6 mile 10k training run this morning and it felt awesome!  I had my new hydration belt with me... which got on my nerves while running because it was a bit bulky, but it helped me stay hydrated and to keep going.  I also had a GU gel after mile 4 and I think that helped me a lot too.  And the cool weather wasn't too bad either ;)  Glad all things were in my favor!

I ran my 6 miles in 1:03!!  So happy I kept up with my average pace of 10:30.  I think that is pretty good for a beginner, right?!  

So now it is time for me to tone down my running because the race is in 3 weeks, and I want to make sure I am strong enough for it!  Here are my plans for the next week:

WEEK OF FEBRUARY  27
SUN - 6 miles
MON - Strenghtening
TUES- 3 miles
WED - Strenghtening
THURS - 3 miles
FRI - REST!!
SAT- 5 miles

WEEK OF APRIL 3
SUN - 2.5 EZ
MON - Strengthening
TUES - 3 miles
WED - Strengthening
THURS - 3 miles
FRI - REST!
SAT - 4 miles

WEEK OF APRIL 10
SUN - 2.5 EZ
MON- Strengthening
TUES - 3 miles
WED - X-train
THURS - REST!
FRI - REST!
SAT - RUN TO THE CROSS 10K!!!

I think I'm  really addicted to this whole running thing.....

Time to get ready for my hubby's B-ball game... Go team GIFT!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment