“Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.”


-Lance Armstrong


Sunday, May 1, 2011

Aint no party like a Holy Ghost party....

HEY IT'S MAY!  Wow April sure did fly by.  I shall do a post on meeting my goals in April, and my new goals for May.  I am doing just one 5K this month.  I hope to get a sub-30 time!


Life's been busy between work, working out, basketball games, etc... so sorry I haven't been on here to stalk your blogs and update mine!  I will start out with my workouts since this is a running/fitness blog :)


WORKOUTS

THURSDAY=TEMPO RUN
I ran my tempo run on the track.  Have I mentioned how much I love my Garmin so I can do these track workouts now!?!? The workout called for 2 miles of running a short tempo pace of 9:56.  I ran it a little faster and felt good about it! Here are my splits:

Mile 1 Warmup - 10:44
Mile 2 Tempo - 9:43
Mile 3 Tempo - 9:42
Mile 4 Cooldown - 10:54

Ran the 4 miles in 41 minutes with an average pace of 10:17.  I enjoyed this tempo run much much more than my interval run from the other day.  I don't know what was wrong with my legs at the beginning of the week, but I am glad that they finally got their act together.  Can't have that anymore, ok, legs!?!

FRIDAY=REST DAY
I did some foam rolling and stretching and did my pushups:

5 sets of 4-5 reps on each set to equal out 22 pushups on my knees!  My rest interval is about 120 seconds between each set.   My arms have been sore since Wednesday.  I love the feeling.

SATURDAY=LONG RUN DAY
This is the day I live for all week.  I love my long runs the best.  The workout called for 5 miles at long tempo pace of 10:30.  I did my run on the treadmill since I had a workshop that morning.  I could've gotten up early, but I am just not an early morning runner.  Here is how I paced myself (the best I can remember)

Mile 1 - 5.3 mph
Mile 2 - 5.7 mph
Mile 2.5 - 5.8 mph
Mile 3 - 5.9 mph
Mile 4 - 6.0
Mile 4.5 - 6.1
And then I sprinted it out the last quarter mile at about a 6.7 mph speed!
Mile 5 - Averaged out at a 10:22 pace! :)

This was probably the best long run I have ever had on the treadmill.  Usually I go slower on the treadmill for some reason, but this run went well.  I really think this Run Less, Run Faster program is already working!  I can't wait to see if I get a faster 5K time this month.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

So yesterday we had a technology workshop for school.  I don't go to these quite often on Saturdays, so I was kind of not looking forward to it.  I really wasn't looking forward to it because it was about technology and I already know a lot about that.  But when I got there, I found out that we get a digital camera for our classroom.  SWEET!  Getting up to go to a workshop on a Saturday morning was worth it.  I also had fun laughing with my co-workers.  It's nice being around them with no kids around, ya know?  They are the best!  We had sandwiches and chips for lunch... there goes the whole foods diet again! :) 

So after the workshop, I went for my long run that I talked about already :) and then came home to clean up for the Big Al concert! 

Big Al is this local Christian hip hop/gospel singer.  I always have a lot of fun at his concerts.  He came to the ministry program I was a member of during college a few times.  This concert brought me back to those fun college days.

Donnie and I at the concert.

Me and Kelley showing how gangsta we are!

And then a cute picture!

Big AL!

Get low! This was awesome to see the whole crowd do it!

Big AL in his "fresh" jacket!

Love this one!
Overall, we had a blast singing and dancing and just praising God. 

* * * * * * * * * *

Today I have cross-training and cleaning on my schedule.  We have family coming over later this evening!  Hope everyone has had a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I like how you did your long run pacing on the treadmill. Whenever I do long runs I always start out faster and then slow the pace way down for the last half, but I'm going to try slowly increasing it every mile or so and see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete